It has been more than a year now since we launched NUMA global acceleration program in India. We have run two successful seasons and supported the growth of 16 startups from a large range of industries. After 2 seasons, we felt the urge to rethink our program. It was time to step back and inject what we’ve learned from the feedback we received from our entrepreneurs, mentors and investors into a new powerful formula.
Now our new execution-focus acceleration program is reloaded! Today, we are super excited to announce the call for application for Season 3. If you are an early-stage startup looking to accelerate your product development and gain access to seed funding, apply to our acceleration program in Bengaluru by 24th April 2017.
Our program was restructured to propose the best support to grow your startup:
- Increased in-house resources: Everyday, you will be surrounded by in-house experts. In addition to our NUMA team, an Entrepreneur in Residence, Growth Hacker, UI/UX Designer, Visual Designer and much more will support you to execute your product and growth strategy. We are committed to adding as many resources as we can to help you.
- Strong bootcamps: We will run bootcamps on the various core functions of startups including Design, Technology/Product, Finance/Legal and Sales & Marketing to help you strengthen your product and build a business strategy.
- Mentorship-driven execution program: The program will last 5 months from mid-May to mid-October 2017 in our Open Space in NUMA Bengaluru. You will be focusing on executing your strategy and roadmap through KPI-based weekly roadmap meetings, curated mentoring office hours, workshops and one-on-one sessions. You will also get access to our corporate network and client portfolio to explore business opportunities and synergies with them.
- Manage your cash burn: You will get €2500 Bootstrapping cash and more than €700K worth of Perks from 70+ partners, along with other resources such as office space for 7 months (5-month program + 2-month free office space).
- Go global with NUMA: You will get actionable global market access by leveraging NUMA’s sites (Paris, Moscow, New York, Berlin, Barcelona, Casablanca, Mexico), GAN (Global Accelerator Network)’s and Google For Entrepreneurs’ networks.
All this in exchange for your commitment and a 4% of stake in your startup. Do what it takes to succeed, take all the chances!
“The biggest difference between successful and unsuccessful accelerators relates to how heavily mentors engage with participants”
– 2015 Global Best Practices Report on Incubation and Acceleration
5-month intense program focused on execution
An early stage startup is an underfunded team, trying to solve a significant problem by building an amazing product and struggling with getting resources such as developers, marketing and designers. This is where NUMA plays a role, we help entrepreneurs accelerate their startups in three major steps:
1. Build the strategy:
To be ready for growth acceleration, your first month in our program includes participation in design thinking, product strategies and roadmap building activities. These activities include bootcamps, team building, mentor madness (speed dating with mentors to find your lead mentor) and more. We will assess your startup and understand your strengths, weaknesses and needs through these programs. The next 3 months of growth acceleration can then be planned with a set roadmap and determined KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
2. Get traction and grow:
During these next 3 months, we aim at helping and supporting you in executing the roadmap created in the first month. We have various structured programs to do so. You will go through weekly focus workshops, curated expert & mentor office hours, one-on-one sessions with international experts, SCRUM and Roadmap meetings, and fortnightly CEO breakfasts (where successful entrepreneurs will share their insights). You will also be introduced to our corporate networks, experts pool, and NUMA networks.
3. Access seed financing:
In the last month of the acceleration program, we will prepare you for scaling and raising seed funding. We will organise pitch building activities such as coaching and training, preparation of pitch decks, executive summaries, terms sheets and more. You will also be put in touch with investors to get their feedback and perspectives (examples include our Angel Sneak Peek and Shark Tank programs). Our program will conclude with a Demo Day and an Investor Day hosted at NUMA. This is what you have worked towards: you will pitch in front of investors, potential clients, corporates, partners, and the ecosystem.
It doesn’t end there though as we offer continuous support and a specific international engagement program for our Alumni startups. We will continue to introduce you to investors and corporates, and you will have access to our mentors’ networks and perks even after the program. You can opt to expand your business into other markets by leveraging NUMA’s networks and landing zones (Paris & New York)
Selection of startups for the program
We are looking for tech-enabled, MVP-ready, early-stage startups solving a real problem addressing a sizeable market. Each application is evaluated by complementary profiles: 1 investor, 1 industry expert, 1 entrepreneur and the NUMA team. You will receive constructive feedback from them at the end of April 2017. So take your time to fill it out and give your best to maximise your chances to join our program.
We will select the 50 best startups to pitch in front of our jury in the first week of May 2017. It will be followed by a final pitch for 20 to 25 shortlisted startups. Finally, we will select 10 to 12 startups for our next season’s acceleration program. Season 3 acceleration program will start on the 15th of May, 2017 in the heart of Bengaluru.
Apply now: applyblr.numa.co
Do you have more questions? See our FAQ
If you still have further questions, contact us at [email protected] or attend one of our Open Forums happening every Friday, 3 PM at the NUMA Bangalore office (Info Session about the program, application and selection process, Q&A and a NUMA Tour with high tea) – RSVP here.
Fast-track your access to Seed Funding: Apply for @NUMA_Blr Season 3 Acceleration Program – applyblr.numa.co. #NUMABlrS3 #GrowWithNUMA
We are running a survey on the Startup Acceleration program, please take some time to fill it out! Your inputs and suggestions will be very useful for future programs.
– Farish CV, Lead Program Manager of Accelerator at NUMA Bengaluru